Prizes and Incentives
We are giving away great prizes to acknowledge participants for their courage, commitment, and efforts at fundraising in support of Easter Seals. Start fundraising today for your chance to win!
NATIONAL GRAND PRIZE PACKAGE
Receive one (1) entry for every $500 you raise. The more you fundraise, the better your odds of winning!
Prize package includes:
Rules and eligibility:
- $1,000 Breakaway Experiences gift certificate (valid until August 31, 2019)
- Two (2) round-trip economy flights to Calgary, Edmonton, Ottawa, Toronto, or Vancouver, departing from your Drop Zone city.
- One (1) hotel room for two (2) nights in the flight destination city; two (2) persons per room.
- One (1) x three (3) day car rental in the flight destination city
- The winner of the National Grand Prize Package will be selected via a draw held at Easter Seals Canada's office following the last Drop Zone event across the country.
- Participants will receive 1 ballot entry for every $500 they raise.
- In order to win, participants must meet or exceed the minimum fundraising amount that has been set for the Drop Zone event/city in which they are participating. Note that the fundraising minimums vary by Drop Zone event/city.
- Round-trip economy flights include all air travel fees, taxes, and surcharges.
- The winner will be announced by October 31, 2018. Prize is valid until August 31, 2019.
Check out www.breakawayexperiences.com for all the unique and memorable bucket list experiences in your city, and www.HelloFresh.ca for flexible and wholesome food delivery plans that fit your needs.
- 1 x $500 Breakaway Experiences gift certificate (Every $250 raised above $1,500 by each participant earns them an entry into this lucky draw)
- 1 x $200 Breakaway Experiences gift certificate (Participants must be dressed in a costume to be eligible for this lucky draw)
- 1 x $200 Breakaway Experiences gift certificate (Participants must register for the event by June 5th, 2018, to be eligible for this early-bird lucky draw prize)
- 10 x $100 Breakaway Experiences gift certificates - Awarded to the Top Fundraising Team
- 1 x 1 week of free HelloFresh food delivery (valued at $139.99 each) - Awarded to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd highest Individual Fundraiser.
- Each participant will also receive a $25 Breakaway Experiences gift certificate, and a $40 HelloFresh gift certificate while inventory lasts.
Here are the fundraising tips and ideas to consider. We welcome your suggestions, and are here to help spread the word and promote your events:
- Raffle tickets - If you have a donated prize or service for a raffle, our office can supply you with pull tab cards. Each card opens to display 30 pull tabs with amounts between $1 to $5 hidden behind each tab for a total card value of $100. Ask a supporter to pull a tab, collect the money uncovered, write the name and phone number on the inside of the pulled tab (which will be removed later and placed in the prize draw). Return the pull tab book and the correct amount of money uncovered to the Easter Seals Nova Scotia's office. Each card is your responsibility and cheques can be made out to Easter Seals Nova Scotia.
- BBQ’s – Host a barbecue or lunch social at your workplace, with a group of friends, or family. You’ll be surprised how fun it can be to incorporate your fundraising into a social activity!
- Sports game – Capture the enthusiasm and organize a just-for-fun sports game. Tennis, soccer, baseball, and ball hockey are all fun ways to spend a weekend afternoon! Ask for a small donation on the part of each player and you can raise money while staying fit and having a little friendly competition!
- Yard sale – Consider de-cluttering your life and fundraise with a yard sale in your neighbourhood. If anyone is interesting in joining forces for a yard sale
, let us know and we’ll explore working together.
- Online & Social Media – the key to fundraising is getting the word out that you’re rappelling from Nova Scotia’s tallest office tower. Tell your story with your network on social media, via email, and in person! Contact the Easter Seals Nova Scotia office to share your story of why you are rappelling on our social media channels!
- Dooly’s – We have an on-going partnership with Dooly’s in Bedford. It makes for a fun day playing in a pool tournament, trivia night, or other event. Contact Andrew at the Bedford Dooly's location (1658 Bedford Highway, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 902-832-0780) to set something up!
- Bowlarama – The team at Bowlarama are also happy to help you set up a fundraiser for your Drop Zone rappel. Take advantage of an indoor venue and release some of that pent up energy! Contact Sue at email@example.com or 902-222-5342 to work out the details.
- Comedy Night - Looking to raise funds while enjoying a wonderfully entertaining evening, then host a Funny Fundraiser. The details for the entertainment and any extras such as live auctioning will be taken care of for you! Contact Marc Sauve by phone at 902-431-3866, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.funnyfundraisers.ca for more information.
- Door-to-door – A classic method of fundraising still works for some of our participants. We’ve even had someone raise almost their entire minimum by going door-to-door in their community. It’s a great way to interact and tell your story with potential sponsors.
- Reminders – Don’t forget to send out reminders to your networks and potential donors that you’ve approached through business or personal letters, email, or social media. You’ll be surprised how many people appreciate a gentle reminder during the busy summer months.
- Our support – You always have our support! We’re also open to arranging time for Easter Seals representatives to speak to groups of potential sponsors or attending your fundraisers.